By using this website you (or whomever you use it on behalf of) are deemed to accept that this policy applies between you, as a user of this website, and us, house.co.uk, the owner and provider of this website. This policy is applicable to our use of any and all data collected by us in relation to your use of the website and any services or systems in or from this website.
Collection of Data
- Whenever you use this site the following information will be automatically collected in relation to your access: IP address originating access, web browser type/version used, operating system used, a list of the URLs you use (starting with a referring site), your activity on this website, and the site you exit to. You may access certain areas of the website without providing any other data at all. However, to use all services and systems available on the website you may be required to submit account information or other data. If you chose to submit data you thereby consent to our collection, storage, and processing of any personal data (within the meaning of the Data Protection legislation), as outlined in this policy, including without limitation, any of the following:
- your name, date of birth and/or gender;
- your job title and profession;
- contact information such as e-mail addresses, addresses (including postcodes) and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit/debit card numbers.
Our Use of Data collected
- We will store any data submitted for as long as you use the services and systems provided on the website, and may store it for an additional period of up to 3 years.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to the other provisions of this policy, data will not be disclosed to third parties other than our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
- All data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection legislation.
- Any or all data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website, and in particular, data may be used by us for any of the following:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the website.
- We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. The providers of such services may be granted access to certain data. Any data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform their services for us, and any other use will be strictly prohibited by us. Furthermore, any data that is processed by such third parties will be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection legislation.
Access to your Data
- You may access your account at any time to view or amend your data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data on payment of a small fee.
- By default your browser will accept cookies – however, this can be altered; for further details please consult the help menu in your browser. You have the choice to enable/disable cookies in your web browser. Your disablement of cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the website.
- You may also use your browser’s settings to delete cookies you formerly accepted – subject to losing any information that enables you to access the website more quickly.
- Unless you have disabled or deleted them, you consent to our placing and accessing cookies on your computer.
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Changes to this Policy
- We reserve the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the website following the alterations.